Join Olivia as her big dreams lead her through another busy day! Explore her world and daily routines as you play 4 math mini-games all about Olivia!
• Olivia invites preschoolers into the life and daily routines of an imaginative, creative little girl. Olivia takes you along on her adventures, and incorporates daily activities such as getting dressed, brushing her teeth or painting a picture. Olivia also includes a fun dress-up game, where children get to dress Olivia in different outfits, take a picture of Olivia and then see the picture appear in Olivia’s room.
• Olivia incorporates math into playful games designed for young learners. Create artistic masterpieces by matching sets of objects, adding and subtracting numbers in classic color-by-number play. Trace shapes and numbers to help Olivia ice skate. Learn how to draw straight and intersecting lines, and then skate with numbers (from 1-9) and shapes (triangles, ovals, hexagons and more). When you’re done skating, count Olivia’s animal friends, and go surfing. Finally, cook up some fun by counting and measuring ingredients to make kid-favorite recipes like smoothies, pizza and fruit salad!
• Olivia features simple gameplay designed to promote engagement with young audiences, including one-step directions, highlighting icons to click on, and free-play. Four math mini-games are presented with easy-to-follow graphics. The games are auto-leveled based on each individual child’s performance, and children can level down if they need more support. In addition, tutorials help teach children underlying concepts. For example, in Olivia’s paint-by-number game, younger children paint works of art by finding the right number of dots. As children grow to recognize numbers, they paint works of art by finding the right numerals. At even more advanced levels, they paint by doing addition and subtraction.
• Appropriate for children ages 3 to 5 years (grades pre-K to K).
• Works with LeapPad2, LeapPad1, LeapsterGS and Leapster Explorer systems (sold separately). Internet connection may be required for cartridge.
Explorer™ Game Cartridge: Olivia
Numbers and counting
Children learn to count and compare sets of objects and identify numbers as standing for specific quantities.
Addition and Subtraction
Children learn to add and subtract quantities from each other, sometimes with objects, and sometimes with symbolic equations such as 4 + 3 = __ or 4 - 3 = __.
There are many different types of measurement that children need to learn: time, distance, temperature, volume and so on. Measurement has applications in many subjects, especially science.
5.38 x 6.38 x .6 inches