Take care of your very own puppy as you play fetch with numbers, identify letters and make your cuddles count!
• Cartridge game works with the Leapster Explorer™ and LeapPad™ Explorer systems (sold separately).
• Solve addition and subtraction problems in the Fetch-and-Fling competition.
• Follow the words as you walk your dog to earn money for goodies.
• Adopt a playful new learning pal and follow directions to take care of him.
• Teaches reading skills, writing letters, subtraction and addition. Appropriate for children ages 4 to 7 years (grades pre-K to 1).
• Works with LeapPad1™ & LeapPad2 learning tablets and Leapster Explorer™ & LeapsterGS game systems (sold separately).
Learning Game: Pet Pals (for LeapPad Tablets and LeapsterGS)
Real world math uses everyday examples to help children understand the practical application of math. Counting money, comparing temperature round the world and using fractions to double or half a recipe are typical real-world math problems.
Listening and Reading Comprehension
As children develop comprehension of books read aloud or independently, they explore the uses and functions of written language. They begin to construct meaning, eventually applying critical skills to make inferences and draw conclusions.
Fluency is a reading term that means a child can recognize common words at a glance, and can read in meaningful chunks, or phrases, rather than reading one word at a time. Fluency contributes to the reader's enjoyment and comprehension of books.
Toy Industry Association: TOTY Award - Educational Toy of the Year
5.37 x 6.37 x .7 inches