Thomas and friends come to life on every page of this Ultra eBook adventure!
• Kids can choose where Thomas goes to find the escaped penguins. The choices they make can change the story ending!
• Teaches comprehension, vocabulary, phonics and word recognition skills.
• The story is written at 3 different levels, progressing from simple text to more complex words and sentences. Click here to learn why Ultra eBooks are uniquely awesome!
• Appropriate for children ages 4 to 6 years (grades pre-K to 1).
• Only works with LeapPad1™ & LeapPad2 learning tablets (sold separately). Internet connection may be required for programming update from the LeapFrog Connect Application.
© 2011 Gullane (Thomas) Limited
LeapPad™ Ultra eBook Adventure Builder Cartridge: Thomas and Friends: The Great Penguin Rescue
Listening and Reading Comprehension
As children develop comprehension of books read aloud or independently, they explore the uses and functions of written language. They begin to construct meaning, eventually applying critical skills to make inferences and draw conclusions.
To read independently, children must understand the relationship between the sounds in spoken words and the letters that represent those sounds.
The larger their vocabulary, the easier it is for children to comprehend what they read and hear and communicate with others.
With repeated exposure to commonly used words, word recognition grows and becomes more automatic.
5.37 x 6.37 x .7 inches